Studies have been conducted between the correlation between obesity and restrained eating, partially because being a restrained eater could lead to overeating. Signals of hunger, satiety, and other factors that play a role in how you eat aren’t necessarily concise with a restrained eater. However, it is in the natural eaters’ nature to only eat when they have to, no more no less.
The study’s ultimate goal was to have marketers of these products do a better job of including other fitness cues that are a part of being healthy as well as letting people know that there is more to fitness than just the products they are marketing. But don’t we know that? What do you think?
THE PORTNER PROTOCOL
Patients experience weight loss of 2-5 lbs per week.
A Program Customized For You
The Portner Protocol weight loss program is a time-tested, well-documented protocol of medically supervised weight loss designed for patients and customized to their goals.
- It is a restricted eating plan for accelerated weight loss
- Utilizes a wide variety of nutritional supplements to replace grocery food intake for several weeks or months depending on each patients goals
- Nutrition, Behavior, and exercise re-education are emphasized to reinforce lasting lifestyle changes
- Health benefits typically include a reduction in comorbid conditions, including lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes, lower serum cholesterol and reduced pain in weight-bearing joints
- Helps maximize surgical outcomes and enhance total wellness by providing nutritional support, exercise modules, and behavior counseling to pre-and post-surgical patients
MEDICAL VS. NON-MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAMS
The first step towards your new, healthier lifestyle is finding the weight loss program that’s best for you. Consider the following support systems:
|Weight loss goal||> 40 pounds to lose||< 40 pounds to lose|
|Average weight loss per week||3-5 pounds||1-3 pounds|
|Support session type||Weekly group and individual||Individual|
|Source of nutrition during weight loss||Meal replacements||Meal replacements and protein supplements with grocery foods|
|Monitored by||Medical professionals||Weight management counselor|
|Appropriate for individuals with type 2 diabetes and/or obesity related comorbidities, such as hypertension, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides||Yes||Yes|
Request a FREE Appointment
To request an appointment please fill out this form
Not intended as medical advice. Please consult a physician for all medical issues.